Saturday, May 9, 2009

Birthday away from home

Yesterday was my birthday, my roomies made me breakfast which was very unexpected and delicious! The kids were so cute when they found out it was my birthday, they sang Happy Birthday to me about 300 times. That night Lucky's parents wanted to take us out to dinner to hear about how Lucky's English is going. Lucky is a cute 4 year old who loves to bite, pinch, scratch and pull hair. She is a wild child but she is adorable! The kids we teach come from very rich families so when they want to take us out to dinner we know we will go to a nice restaurant. Sure enough we went to an awesome restaurant, probably one of the nicest we have been to! Dinner is like a 3 hour event every time. The Asians like to chat and they eat very slowly, I was ready to go but then the waitresses brought in a cake and sang happy birthday to me, it was fun sharing cake with Lucky, Lucky's parents and some Chinese teachers! We came back to our apartment and watched Bride Wars then Annie brought over another cake!!! Having a birthday away from home is really weird but my roommates made it a lot better:)

No comments:

Post a Comment