Monday, April 20, 2009

Eventful week

This past week was pretty good, it started out a little rocky, my package that my mom sent about 30 days ago never made it to me, I was bummed out about that, but don't worry, a couple of days ago Annie (the Asian that helps us) informed me that they found my package! It was a happy day! I love getting packages even though you can never trust the mailing system here. Yesterday we went to church to take the sacrament at the other ILP group's apartment. We haven't been to church for about 8 weeks now-it felt nice to go even though it is weird having church in an apartment. I miss going to church, I have taken it for granted, China has really taught me a lot about what I really do enjoy but never think about when I'm at home. I miss walking around with no shoes on, I miss carpet, I miss soft couches/beds and a whole bunch of things I can think about daily. Today was an eventful day! We walked all over town about 2 or 3 miles!!! Jadie is getting her wedding dress made here, so we picked up Jadie's wedding dress pictures to take to the lady who is making the dress. Then we went to the DVD store-we are really big fans of the DVD store, we love our movies! Then the best part of our day was getting our head massage!!! Mandy and Emily didn't want to go because they were too tired so it was only me and Jadie who went. It was amazing! They massage our heads for about 30 minutes then they do our hair! I feel bad for the person who did my hair because my hair is curly and it never straightens because of the humidity. Hair salons are weird here, the girls, there are some guys, wash our hair and then there are these older Asian males with long fingernails and button down shirts to show off their hairless chests do our hair. My hair is getting so long! I didn't realize how long my hair was until they straightened it! I'm glad Jadie and I got our head massaged today-it felt good. Thanks for reading my Blog! I will try to update it as much as possible!

1 comment:

  1. The head massage sounds great! I want one right now:)

    ReplyDelete