Tuesday, June 23, 2009

#5 Favorite thing about China - The Bakery

One of my favorite things about China has been the Bakery!!! We visit the bakery every time we go to the supermarket, which is pretty much everyday. America has better sweets than China does by far. The Chinese people do not have a sweet tooth but they do know how to make some awesome bread!!!! All of the bread isn't that good, some of the breads have meat and red beans on top and in the middle. We have learned to stick with what we know is good. Here are a few of my favorites, yum yum!!!

Here is our favorite little bakery which isn't far from where we live.

The newest add to my list of favorite bakery items. It is made with egg and that is about as far as I can explain it.


This is also a favorite. It is a sweet wheat roll with seeds on top. It looks very american but I have never tasted anything like this back home.

This is my all time favorite. I cannot explain this one either but it taste like coconut. I am going to try to smuggle some home for my family, I hope they make it!

1 comment:

  1. I just talked to Lori Bennett and she loved those egg custards when they were in Hong Kong. She came home and you know Lori, she figured out how to make them. She says she will teach you :)

    ReplyDelete