Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beautiful Sanya

We just got back from a 4 day vacation to Sanya. Sanya is the most south city in China, it is an island and it is known as the Russian's Hawaii. We were planning on taking a 12 hour sleeper bus, you can sleep on the little beds on the bus. We left our apartment at 1:45 to catch the sleeper at 3:30, the bus was more crammed then I thought it would be. They were little bunk beds that were probably about a foot and a half wide and about 4 and a half feet long. I slept in the isle in the back of the bus, it was cushioned so I was OK with it, I was feeling like I couldn't breathe under the bed because there is seriously NO room. Plus I could spread my legs out when I was in the isle. Our group of 7 went and another group from ILP came and there were 6 of them, a total of 13 Americans. We rode until about 8 and we had a little pit stop, at the pit stop Mandy paid 1 yuan (Chinese money) to use the bathroom, a couple seconds later she came right out. Mandy said they were squatters and Keegan (who has been here a month longer than us) said that those squatters were the sickest she has ever used. I don't know why Asians like squatters, they are gross and they stink really bad. We got back on the bus and at 6:30 AM on Saturday we got up because we had to get on the ferry. I hated the ferry ride, I probably hated it so bad because I didn't know what was going on so I left my camera, iPod and other things on the bus, I thought it was just another pit stop. The ferry 4 hours long and I couldn't get to my stuff so I could entertain myself!!!! It was cold because the wind was blowing so hard and they had a weird show playing, Asians are very interesting. When we got off of the ferry we got on a different sleeper bus, which was gross because there were white sheets on the beds and you could see food crumbs and Asians dark hair. We got to Sanya at 2:45 PM on Saturday, that was a 25 hour bus ride! I was so pooped when we got to our hostel, but we played on the beach and went to see around the city. On Sunday we played on the beach ALL DAY! Jadie was my swimming partner, which was nice because no one else wanted to swim with us! There were so many Russians and they are fat! All of the women wear bikini's, it is so gross and the men wear speedos and they have the biggest beer guts! They are just nasty. On Monday we played on the beach all day again and we also went shopping! When we would pass some Asians selling things on the side of the road they would say something to us in Russian, it was really weird to see and Asian speak Russian to an American. Most Asians could tell us apart though, I don't know how but they would yell, "hello!" The pearls here in China are so cheap! I can't believe it! We went to the Rainbow Cafe and had real American food! I was so excited because I miss my American normal food, I got a crispy chicken burger and fries, it was good. Tuesday we played on the beach and shopped as well and got a picture taken with an alligator! This guy was walking around the beach with a little alligator so we got our picture with it, it was awesome! We left our hostel at 4:30 to catch the plane at 6:30. Planes are the way to go, they are cheap and they don't waste time. It took us an hour and a half to get to the airport 2 hours away from our apartment, but it was too late when we got in last night that there were no more buses. We had to crash at the other girl's apartment and take the 6:15 bus this morning, we got to our apartments this morning at 8:15 and we had to teach at 8:45. We were very rushed and it was kind of a weird morning but this trip was well needed and I loved being on the beach soaking up the sun! It was worth going!

No comments:

Post a Comment