Monday, March 2, 2009

Fashion Show

The schools in Xiaolan (our city we are in) have a fashion show together. The teachers at our school wanted 3 of us to be in it. Keegan, Emily, Mandy or Me. Today we went to a dress store, our school will rent our dresses we try on and like the best. So we went the the dress store today, they had beautiful Asian silk dresses. The first one Keegan tried on fit her perfectly and we liked it a lot, she got that over with fast. Emily tried on a couple and decided that the dresses fit her weird and she didn't want to do it. They kept giving Mandy and I long dresses with slits on the sides up to our butts! We kept telling them no and they would give us sleeveless dresses to try on. We tried on about 7 dresses each, they have weird body shapes, I'm surprised any of us fit in anything! I felt so big being there, they had to get bigger sizes for us Americans and I'm so glad I couldn't speak Chinese because I know I would be offended by what they were saying about us being so large. The dresses would be big around our chest and waist area but tight around our butts, like I said, they have weird body shapes. Nothing fit right. After we tried on a lot, they liked a peach shorter (to my knees) dress. I don't look good in peach but it actually fit normally and it was modest so I didn't care what color it was. They wanted Mandy to wear a long dress with slits up to her butt, she told them no so they gave her a dress that was really pretty but it was sleeveless. They gave her a shrug (a scarf thing) to put over it and we called it good. After being there for about an hour and a half, Mandy and I needed shoes to go with our dresses so we went shoe shopping and we found perfect heels, I have white ones and Mandy bought black. We then had a fashion show practice at 6:30, we had to practice our walk! There are 3 or 4 other Asians learning a slow walk to a very Asian sounding song we were standing next to them in our heels and we are a whole head taller than them! They are so small! I am excited for Friday, we will take a lot of pictures to show you guys our beautiful Asian dresses.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I know you will look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is tonight! I am so nervous, I know it will be fun though! I will write how it goes when I get back!

    ReplyDelete