Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home Visits

Tonight we went on home visits, they told us this afternoon we were going to visit Jim, from Lindsey's class, and Peter from my class. I was pretty excited to see them, Jim is the most Asianist Asian, he looks like a cartoon character, he is so cute. Peter is my favorite kid, if there was a group of kids and I passed them, I would look for Peter, I like him a lot. Yesterday he moved closer to me while we were sitting down and he grabbed my hand and just held it for the longest time. So cute! So we went to Jim's house first and it was at a really nice apartment, big screen TV, a maid, nice furniture, it was just really nice! His mom knew some English and she was really soft spoken and really sweet, come to find out Jim is half Korean, his dad owns a business in Korea and they have a house in Shinzhen (where we go to church). Jim was really quiet and he just watched Ultra Man on TV the whole time, he is a good kid at school, very polite always says please and thank you. So after Jim's house it was Peter's turn, just kidding, the Chinese teachers who were with us told us that Peter's parents were busy tonight so we were going to Vinson's house, Vinson is Emily's kid, not ours! Oh well... We should have known plans would be changed. So we went to Vinson's house, I was expecting it to be nice but it was just average, it is probably nice for Chinese people but it was very messy and cluttery. We looked at pictures of Vinson's Beijing trip, while we were doing that Vinson's mom was cutting a fruit, I kept smelling a gross smell, it smelt like puke! I didn't know what it was, Vinson handed me a piece of fruit and I went to taste it and it tasted and smelt like puke! I couldn't eat it! It was too hard, it made me want to puke! Vinson is a good kid in class, he is quiet but he can be crazy if you put him with his friends. I think home visits are to show off the Americans, which I'm OK with because it is good to see the kids in their own environment. I had a fun time tonight, these kids are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment