Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pagoda Park

Today was a fun day! It might be Jadie's last weekend in China so we did fun things today. We went to pagoda park which is just down the road from us and as we were walking there there was a lady selling jewelery on the side of the road. We stopped and bought a couple things from her, I love to buy things here because they are so cheap and everything is beautiful here! The pagoda park is a beautiful park with a pagoda that sits up on a hill and there is a lake, we (Mandy, Jadie and Emily) rented a paddle boat and spent the afternoon on the lake. As we were paddling on the lake there were Asians following us on their paddle boats or there were Asians on land taking pictures of the Americans in the paddle boat. Occasionally we would have Asians yell at us and tell us how to paddle-they are very helpful Asians even though we already knew how to paddle. I swear they think we don't know how to do a lot of things. After the paddle boats we went to Little Italy. Little Italy is the place we went for Lindsey's birthday-it was so good so we went back and I got the same thing I got last time. Tendon, bone and fatless chicken with potatoes-very delicious! Then to top it off we went to the bakery! I love the bakery and I haven't had it in a while so it was especially delicious tonight! I love China and I am glad I'm here, it is cool to see different cultures and how they do things!

2 comments:

  1. Raychel, we are very glad you are feeling better and the park sounded like real fun. We are very proud of you two cousins and the fun and work you are doing there.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to see your pictures. This park sounds like something out of a movie.

    ReplyDelete