Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Smell from Home

THANK YOU MOM, DAD, CELS, and TANNER!!!! Today I got a package!!!! Finally! It has probably been sitting at the "Bond Institute" for about a week now. The Bond Institute is about 30 minutes away on bus. My package had my retainer in it-which still fits:) Valentine's candy, letters, a project for the asian kids, my watch and underwear. The undies were new, they smelled like home and they were freshly washed!!! All the girls were smelling them-it was funny and so not weird. We miss the smell of home, we use Tide here, our things get clean but they just don't feel so clean. I don't know why-probably because China is so dirty and humid:)
This week of teaching has been so crazy! The kids were very naughty on Monday and Tuesday, I couldn't even bribe them with "yummy treats!" as they would say. They kept speaking Chinese,which is a big no no, they were stealing and they wouldn't sit down!!! I don't like when they misbehave but when I look back on they day I just laugh to myself because they are just kids and they are so funny to be around. Like Peter, in my home class, when we tell him to go to the Chinese chair he does a little dance there, it is like a girly, swing your hips kind of dance. I would be mad at the moment but I would try so hard not to laugh at the same time. Then after teaching the other teachers and I will talk about the naughty/funny things the little kids were doing.
Today was so much better! Today Lake, he is in my home class, said, "Teacher, I want to go to America." he said it in such a sweet voice. I wanted to pick him up and hug him, it was the cutest thing! These kids really are so innocent, I will try my hardest to sneak one in my suit case when I come home:)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you liked the package! Obviously the undies were a big hit :) I told you that you would be tempted to bring home a chinese kid - have you seen the babies, they are so, so cute! Love you and talk to you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we have seen a lot of babies and not very many pregnant ladies. The babies are so fat! I will get a picture of one when I can.

    ReplyDelete