Friday, February 13, 2009

Whoa, this week was only a 3 day week and I'm glad it is over. Teaching is a lot harder than I expected. You never know what kind of mood the kids are going to be in. Yesterday (Thursday) they were angels, they were so good! I didn't have to send them to the Chinese chair that often, they were paying attention really well and teaching went by fast. Today was a whole other story! They were so naughty!!! They were fighting all the time, I had to split kids up, James barfed, I couldn't send everyone to the Chinese chair at one time, so I took away their food, Peter and Jonie were cry babies today and teaching went by so slowly. It was so much! I think it was a combination of Friday, they were tired and it was cloudy/warm and humid more that usual. (Amy, our head teacher, said that the weather affects kids' behavior) Oh plus it is Valentine's Day tomorrow-maybe that has something to do with it. James came to my class today, he did not look good at all, he wasn't talking, he had a runny nose and he didn't have much color to him, as they lined up to go to Teacher Lindsay's class, James bent over and threw up. Jonie kept speaking Chinese and I would send him to the Chinese chair but he would not go! So I had to force him over there and he would cry the whole entire time. The Chinese teachers will stand in the classroom with me and they baby all of the kids when they are doing something bad! When Jonie was crying about being in the Chinese chair, a Chinese Teacher went over to him and put him back into his normal chair. The Chinese Teachers baby these kids and give them whatever they want. I'm excited to see the kids again next week, but I know they are going to have their good and bad days, I am more mentally prepared. There is a new student who started yesterday, his name is Harry and he is my favorite! He is so little and he has dopey ears! He is very smart and he doesn't follow the naughty crowd. Tonight is Ryan's birthday party. Ryan is a naughty boy but he gets away with a lot because his mom teaches at this school. She invited us to his party tonight, I'm excited to go and see how Chinese parties are! I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment