Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today was our first day teaching-whoa that was crazy. Last night it seemed like we were all running around with our heads cut off because there was so much to do, so little time. With all said and done, we got everything done we needed to and our head teacher and all of the chinese teachers were very proud of us. I think they were expecting us to not be as good as we were. It is good to expect the worse. The kids are so cute! They are naughty though! We have 6 different rotations for them, kitchen, arts and crafts, shop, gym, drama and games. I was in-charge of kitchen and I will be for about a month, I think. Today we made fruit kabobs, most of the kids knew quite a bit of English already, if they speak Chinese they sit in the Chinese chair and watch us while we have fun. My "home" group is pretty good, these are the kids I will spend most of my time with. There is one little boy named Peter, he is a hellian because he is spoiled at home so he thinks he can be spoiled at school. The Chinese teachers put up with it, but our head teacher, Amy, said we are not going to put up with it and I agree! He is always crying for no reason. It is so annoying. But the other kids are so good, so far. I'm excited for tomorrow, even though I am nervous again. I'm thinking about making them something with peanut butter for tomorrow, peanut butter is always good. They kept yelling "peanut butter!" today, so I think they like peanut butter so we will cook with it! Anyway, I am worn out! Thanks for reading my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty busy. It is about time you got to work! How scary to have to come up with something new every day! Good luck and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds crazy and fun! Good luck with the peanut butter:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it is about time I started working! I was spending too much money!!!! The peanut butter was a hit! They love it! I don't know why:)

    ReplyDelete