Saturday, February 7, 2009

Yesterday (Friday) we left at 8:30, we rode the bus one hour and 30 min to Guangzhou. When we got there we saw signs to an amusement park, so we got on the subway and went. When we got off the subway, we went up the stairs and the amusement park was right there!!! It was totally empty we rode "the biggest rollarcoaster in the world" 7 times. It was a straight up and down drop, it dangles you there for a couple seconds and you can just feel the suspence! We met a very nice Asian worker, his name was Darren. When the ride stopped, we stayed in our seats because there was no one in line behind us! It was the best day to go to an amusement park! Then we rode other rides like a halfpipe one where you sit in a chair and you spin while you go up and down on a half pipe, that was probably one of me and Mandy's favorite ride. Then the group wanted to go to a show but Mandy and I didn't want to go so we went on more rides, just me and her, she loves her rollarcoasters which is sweet because I do too! We went to a LumberJack show, it is a show where Americans cut wood. Pretty boring and now the Asians think we are a bunch of hicks that just cut wood and we wear very short shorts. It was very disapointing, but nice to see Americans. After the amusement park closed, we went to the circus which was just right in the park! It was so amazing! We saw lions, elephants, hippos, boxing bears, flipping monkeys, guys standing on a ferris wheel doing tricks, trapeze people, and divers. When the performers saw us in the audience they stopped and waved because I think they liked seeing white people! I felt very special. We stayed in a hostle, it was pretty nice, better than what we have at our apartment. Today (Saturday) we went to 3 different Asian Buda worshiping places. They walked around with insence, I think that's what pollutes their country, then they bow down to huge buda sculpures. After we went shopping, we got cute jade friendship rings for $1.50 American! I also got pearl ear-rings and a pearl necklace for $3 American dollars! I love shopping here! It is amazing! I have learned so much about this culture in only a week! I'm excited to learn more! I will keep you guys posted!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun mini-vacation!!! I feel bad you have no picures, just a broken camera :( I am so glad I am an american and I am so glad I am not a lumberjack, hehee. Be safe!
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I will get some pictures to show you! And I'm glad I'm not a lumberjack either:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a dream day at the amusement park; never ending rides on the rollercoaster! When you get a chance post some pictures. Thanks for the updates. The Lindquist's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey raychel. its robert, hows it goin? i am so jealous you are in china! i missed you today when you werent at the doctors office. there was no one to talk to. anyway, have fun!

    ReplyDelete